Sunday 19 March 2017

In Print, March 2017 (and Progress)



The commissioned story Lux Aeterna has been published in Helios Quarterly Vol. 2, No. 1, and the sales links are now active:


I think this one has gone live a little behind schedule, but that’s okay! Catch the interview with me in this volume also.

In progress, I have another short-listing, this time with Andromeda Spaceways, and should know in a couple of months if I make the cut. At least they’re up-front about it, if you pass two rounds of reading to reach the shortlist, you still have only a five percent chance of being selected.

The contracts came in for the two anthologies The Chronos Chronicles and First Contact, featuring my stories The Winds of Time and Dreamlogger, respectively. They should be appearing in a few months, and I’ll post links when they are available.

My tally of stories on submission recently hit a new record of 62, and I have been very busy so far during 2017, with seventeen new stories completed so far, most doing the rounds at this time, and many new markets having been identified.

UPDATE: As of March 22nd (this side of the dateline), my vampire short story Stalking Nemesis was picked up by the magazine Bloodbond (from Alban Lake) for their November 2017 issue. This is the third of my "Lucinda Crane,Vampire/Hunter" stories to be published, a fourth is on submission with Flame Tree in the UK for one of the new batch of anthologies, and I have one other, longer story on paper as well.

Also, today I received a solicitation to write an action/adventure story for the pilot issue of the new magazine Storyhack, and will be beginning work on the piece tomorrow. This will be my eighteenth story for 2017 -- averaging six a month this year!

More news as it breaks,


Cheers, Mike Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment