Thursday 15 June 2017

Promo with Flame Tree



As promotion for the new round of anthology releases, Flame Tree invited authors to respond to some questions with brief passages which could be compiled on the company blog. Two posts went up where you’ll find comments from me about my piece.



There wasn’t room to do all three from each writer, so here’s the third of my passages (dealing with inspirational sources for my story An Echo of Gondwana):

What are your favourite stories from this genre? (can be films/artworks/other mediums too, or authors/film directors/artists)

“Conan Doyle’s The Lost World, of course; and King Kong must be listed; Burroughs’ The Eternal Savage and The Land That Time Forgot. The writings of Lovecraft, Howard, Smith, Carter and others have many evocative passages which bring the “lost worlds” concept into focus.”

I hope to place with Flame Tree in future as their list expands, and if I can then this anthology may be thought back on of as the start of an excellent partnership! The volume is at press at this time and should be available in the weeks ahead.

Cheers, Mike Adamson


* Royalty-free image from Pixabay.

No comments:

Post a Comment