Friday 25 May 2018

In Print, May 2018 (and Progress) Addendum



I’ve never before needed to do two “in print” pieces in the same month but I think the news is worth it. Masques is appearing in the edition of Nature due on the 31st – I’ve approved a proof copy of the page and am absolutely delighted with it. I’ve penned an entry for their blog discussing the motivations for the piece, and will provide a link as soon as it comes available.

Also at the proof stage is Hellrider for the anthology After the Orange, a volume of socio-political commentary tales for our troubled era.

In other news, Alban Lake Publishing are picking up my ghost novella The Last Train to Deakin Valley, a 23, 000-worder set in the Peak District of Derbyshire. At this length it’ll be under its own cover, a stand-alone release, my first so far (and I trust not the last!) I should have more details soon.

And Heroic Fantasy Quarterly have my sword and sorcery piece “The Dreamer in the Dark” under short-list consideration, for which I have my fingers tightly crossed.

Cheers, Mike Adamson

NB: Header image from a royalty-free image site.

No comments:

Post a Comment